The Township of Limerick Community Landfill site is located at 89 Limerick Lake Road and is open year-round. Residents require a 'Waste Site Card' to use the site, and they are available at our Municipal Office.
Waste Site Attendant | Kevin Simpson
Summer Waste Site Hours | May ~ August
- 1:00 p.m. - 8:00 p.m.
- Wed., Sun. & Holiday Monday
- Saturday Only 10:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.
Winter Waste Site Hours | Sept. ~ April
- 11:00 a.m. - 4:30 p.m.
- Wed., Sat., Sun. & Holiday Mon.
The Council of the Township of Limerick would like to remind you that in order to extend the life of the landfill site, it is important that everyone recycle. So, please help us to accomplish this goal.
Metal Cans & Foil
Rinse cans. Place lids in a can, pinch closed and put loose in depot bin. Do not put aluminum cans inside tin ones. Include clean aluminum foil and pie plates. Flattened cans save space! No pots, cigarette or butter wrappers or scrap metal. Avoid putting pop cans inside other cans.
Discard tops and rinse containers for soft drinks, detergents, juice, bleach, shampoo, dairy products as well as clear and foam plastic cups, trays and packaging. Flatten soft drink containers and replace lids. All plastics with the numbers 1 to 6 on the bottom are OK. No blister or bubble packs, prescription bottles or toys.
Bottles & Jars
Can’t go into the blue bin. Place them in a blue box instead. Remove and rinse caps and lids. Metal lids can be recycled with caps. Leave loose in the depot bin. Don’t bag them! No other types of glass such as kitchenware, ceramics, dishes, drinking glasses, window glass, light bulbs or mirrors.
Boxboard and Mixed Paper
Bundle junk mail and office paper separately from Boxboard. Flatten and stuff boxboard into a large box. Boxboard includes cereal, shoe and detergent boxes, as well as rinsed milk and juice cartons, paper bags, sugar & flour bags, card board tubes, books (hard cover & paperbacks), egg cartons and other clean paper packaging. No drink boxes, tissues, paper towel or laminated paper.
Stuff clean, dry plastic bags in to a plastic bag and tie handles. Include rinsed milk pouches, grocery, bread, dry cleaning, frozen vegetable and blue newspaper bags as well as outer wrapper from toilet and hand tissues. Remove food residue, stickers and receipts.
- No meat, cheese or stretch wrap, cereal box liners or chip bags.
Flatten and bundle corrugated cardboard boxes into a maximum size of 30” x 30” x 8” bundles. Only broken down and bundled boxes will be collected.
- No waxed boxes or soiled pizza boxes.
Newspapers & Magazines
Place newspapers, inserts, phone books, magazines and catalogues in a plastic bag next to your depot bin.
- No soiled newspapers. Keep boxboard and mixed paper separate, not mixed with newspaper and magazines.
- Televisions, stoves, washers, dryers, water-tanks, tables, toilets, sinks, bathtubs and carpets:$5.00 each
- Sofas, large chairs, box-springs and mattresses: $20.00 each
- Tires - no tires with rims accepted: $5.00 each
- 1/2 ton truck (level with box) or car & trailer (no racks) (NOT including household garbage): $30.00 each
- 1/2 up to 3/4 ton truck (level with box) & Trailer (no racks): $100.00 each
- Single Axle or Cub Van: $125.00 each
- Tandem Axle Truck: $225.00 each
NOTE: Trucks or trailers with racks will be charged an additional $10.00 fee if material is above the box height of such truck or trailer
- i.e. fridges, freezers, air conditioners untagged containing Chloro Fluoro Carbons: $35.00 each
- *If tagged by a licensed person: $20.00 each
Bag tags must be purchased for disposal of household garbage. Bag tags are $1.00 each and are sold in sheets of ten. Tags can be purchased at the Disposal Site and at the Township Office during regular office hours.